View Single Post
Old 06.10.2009, 09:51 PM   #16458
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Here is an email I sent to Rhino: "I recently bought the Gumby boxset and nearly threw up at what you did to the series. For reasons that can only be attributed to severe mental retardation and brain damage, or just a callous disregard, the powers-that-be at Rhino had the sheer gall to eliminate the original Gumby theme song and replace it with some bland soulless aural-feces. It's truly incomprehensible as to why anyone would do this. You also redid the voices and sound effects which were a signature of the series. Some of the charm of Gumby were the voices and great sound effects. It almost makes the episodes in this DVD box set unwatchable, knowing how great they were originally. It's a tragedy that the Gumby episodes will be forever preserved in this repulsive manner. I really think Rhino owes Gumby fans an apology for this mishandling of this classic." ............ And here is their response: "Dear Mr. Cohen, I apologize for the tardiness of this response and am sorry that you are disappointed with this release. We were not able to license the original voices & music, so the elements from the sydicated (sic) re-runs in the 80s were used. If you would like to return your boxed set for a refund, please send it to:" yadda yadda.............So, now we know the reasons. Sad to say the least. For hardcore fans, hunt down the VHS episodes (not the Rhino releases, obviously), which are readily available on Ebay and Half.com. The quality of the videos vary, but at least you get to see the show as close to as it was meant to be seen.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|