View Single Post
Old 05.06.2015, 03:10 PM   #46567
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=evollove]Funny. A few days ago I sat down with CCR's debut and whatdoyouknow, the non-singles were boogie blues jammy things. I hope that list consists of real songs.

And I'll check out the M bands, but if I hear the same I-IV-V chords and the same whiteboy blues leads, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Fair point, some of their album tracks fell into that mold. Not the ones I mentioned, although Born To Move has an organ solo; and while it isn't exactly blues based, maybe substitute Wish I Could Hide Away for it. Or Sailor's Lament, which Slob Seger "borrowed heavily" from to write the inferior Still The Same.

I can only recommend Our House Is Rockin' from Marlamade. As for Moby Grape, I prefer their concise rockers like Omaha or Hootchie.

My take on the blues-based rock stuff is that it was originally a good idea that was run into the ground by overuse, especially by bands who thought endless strings of solos showed creativity. Punk came along to sort things out, thankfully.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|