View Single Post
Old 05.06.2015, 11:33 AM   #46561
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
shit, i LOOOOVE kraftwerk. but i positively hate bitches brew. ugh! fusion confusion. "jazz rock". in my mind that's the day jazz died (it didn't really, but it capitulated).

====

now back to this "arena rock" conversation (less butthurt than earlier, because, damn, to be accused of worshiping money,): i get that there is a cultural animus built towards dinosaur bands, but i try to be like st. francis and love all creatures as a default stance.

yes, some things i just can't like, but i see and recognize that the dinosaurs who at some point became the instruments of oppression were once revolutionary on their own.

zeppelin invented heavy/metal, they did so before sabbath. in that they claimed a whole realm for themselves, and ruled for some time as kings, even if in retrospective they seem tame or bluesy by today's standards. when they came out, NOTHING sounded like they did. and because i find modern lizards inferior to their dinousaur ancestors, i still find them as some of the top practitioners of their genre.

same as (saving the enormous differences): i can look at j.s. bach's output and say, holy fuck, what that guy did! and other people like chopin took his work and did mad things with it, adding all sort of emotion and layers, and music has gone farther and in less "mathematical" directions ever since, but what he did stands on its own and is a foundation for a lot of music.

now i said saving the enormous differences-- zeppelin did not invent the blues. the blues is the true big bang of 20th century american music. but what zep did was great and foundational-- before they bloated and exploded like a toad. and they spawned galaxies.

bowie ALSO spawned galaxies. some would argue that it was the better/more intelligent ones.

okay. must work today or i'll go hungry.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|