View Single Post
Old 05.31.2017, 02:42 PM   #21106
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
you make some good points. I'll give you that.

I'll even concede that the pacing is... weird. But again, I kind of feel like it was weird in the book too. Maybe even weirder consider the Black Freighter and Under The Hood stuff.

And yes - it was a very long movie. Snyder def had trouble sacrificing anything. I'm not sure if that is intimidation, or just wanting the length of the film to be justified by its source material. Then again, it was originally twelve comics. It certainly could have been a 12-part series a la Netflix's MCU stuff. Or it could have been into like three movies or something... but then again, I'm not sure how that could have been paced much better. I guess I'm just circling back to my original thought that as a movie based on The Watchmen, I'm not sure how it could have been executed better.

But to each his own, yeah? I loved it. I don't expect everyone to.

I also think Malin Akerman is really cute. Can we at least agree on that?