View Single Post
Old 02.16.2009, 06:23 PM   #85
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
It's always strange when these old threads resurface, as I can never remember if I commented or not. Digging though, I did, and I said all that I really can about the record.

What's interesting in retrospect is that I find the people who were most critical of this, one of my very favorite SY records, are people who's opinions I generally respect more than most who post here. So what is the difference? I think one level is that the very premise of picking it apart song by song cannot work for me with Washing Machine. That's how I end up looking at EJT&NS because it hits me as an uneven collection of songs that often could have been fleshed out to reach their potential. Washing Machine, though is an ALBUM, in fact the most so of anything they'd done since the '80s and the most so of anything they would do until Nurse. Each song is stronger for me because of the song that follows it and the song before, and really they don't stand alone because of that. It's a record to put on and feel rather than pick apart.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|