View Single Post
Old 08.14.2017, 10:35 PM   #263
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Zeena Parkins (electric harp) Devin Hoff (bass) Michael TA Thompson (drums) August 4

at the Stone, as mindstopping and earnumbing as one would expect with these 3 talents. Thompson is one of my favorite drummers around NYC, but usually I see him with what I would call without irony free jazz ensembles. Devon Hoff I know from his earlier bass work with Nels Cline and that group of LA musicians. Parkins I've seen a bunch of times since the 80's and she just shreds on the electric harp using it make some serious sonic fuckery. I wish I had a good recording of this, about 10 mins into it Hoff created a huge and devastating bassline on his standup that Zeena's harp slipped into and around creating a novel sound that that really excited my ears in a way I haven't experienced in a while - Michael TA smoothly moving the set along with his exquisite percussion, just about as perfect as avant garde could get.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|