View Single Post
Old 10.17.2006, 03:52 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Good Thread.

I am certain gmku did not mean that he judges the entire worth of a person by whether they dig Metal Box. I am sure he meant to app,ly this only to someone's musical tastes. when any of us say someone ahs "cool" musical tastes, we just mean that they like generally the type of music we like.

With that said, I have bands that do that for me.

If you do not appreciate the Beatles then you are wasting my music loving time.
if you like sonic youth, and I mean REALLY like sonic youth and not just name drop them to seem hip, then I know there are a ton of other bands we could talk about and enjoy together and get off on it.
If you love the Misfits and know enough to hate the misfits post-1985, then you are allright by me my friend.
If you own any albums by thelonious Monk and/or Charles Mingus, and you do not just listen to the dreaded "jazz vocalists" category, then we can hang and enjoy some good jazz.
if your favorite "punk" band is green day, leave me the fuck alone.