View Single Post
Old 03.23.2010, 01:31 AM   #1236
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredcourse
Oh !

It's great. Tempted? Easy to find a torrent + download.

From the beginning I was impressed at the story and the set up. 5 people in different torture chambers floating around, suspended by an angry supercomputer at the centre of hell, in all its pixelated glory?
I was actually shocked that the first thing they had me do (I chose the nazi character) was hack off the spine of an 8 year old boy. What?

I havent played a point + click from days of yore in so long, it was interesting (frustrating) to remember playing something where there is ONE very rigid solution to the problem, and you better click the fuck out of everything until you get it.

Now to get the book. I've been trying to find it since I was 19 and this old guy on a bus got me interested. I cant really order stuff online, and I havent been able to find it around town. Weird, considering how famous it is.

They say Harlan Ellison actually had a lot of involvement in making the game, too, by the way.

I had downloaded I Have No Mouth several years ago but couldn't really get it to work. So I kind of gave up on it. I think this was before I discovered DosBox. But I'd just kind of forgotten about it for a while. Thanks for the reinvigorated interest, point n' clicks are the best.

If you haven't read the story, it's pretty easy to find online:

http://www.surfturk.com/endoftheworld/ihavenomouth.html

It's not terribly long. Great story though.

But yeah, Harlan did have quite a bit to do with the game. There's a hilarious interview about it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8yzK7bfVwI

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|