View Single Post
Old 10.15.2011, 03:04 PM   #83
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I get it. Fans are going to be critical of their favorite bands. It's the ones that love everything I get concerned about. Personally, I wouldn't call the Eternal a "piece of shit", but then again it ranks no where near their best efforts. I liked it. Solid example of sonic creativity and even though I don't listen to it often, it keeps my attention when I do. There's a sonic youth album I hate (already mentioned), but ya know...I think that's cool. Even my favorite band can fail sometimes to live up to my expectations. I like this fact because it adds to that "I never know what to expect" factor, which has always been one of my favorite aspects about the Youth.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I'm not one of those types who loves ever demo, throwaway, b-side, and guest appearance just because it's sonic youth.

But I don't think any of their official studio albums are anything less than good.... most very good or brilliant, and a few are perfect. Some of the SYR material is crap, and certain songs are crap, but I can't image SY releasing a wholly bad album.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|