View Single Post
Old 10.18.2012, 07:32 PM   #16321
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Oh well then! If they say it's good then i'll have to agree. The critics make out North By Northwest was the best thing sonce sliced bread but I sure as hell aint gonna agree with them.

ANYWAY!

Re-watching this in a mo. I lent it to a guy at work. I knew he wouldn't like it but he hated it. His main reasons being 1)it didn't make sense and 2)nothing was explained at the end. Brilliant.

I tried to explain to him that films shouldn't have to have everything explained in a tidy box with a bow on it. They can leave things open and let the viewer think for themselves. He didn't buy it. He said that films have to have a story and then used a god awful metaphor "it's like having a novel and only having pictures" <- my face right after that. That put the idea of me lending him Tarkovsky's film Mirror out! Oh and he said that nothing happened in the film. Fail.

I asked him what his fav film of all time was to which he said Shawshank Redemption. That said it all for me. Don't get me wrong it's a good film but is it THAT good? Non.

Yes. Mulholland Drive. I may be over my Lynch phase at this point, but that movie will never leave me, even if I never see it again.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|