View Single Post
Old 05.27.2008, 01:21 PM   #87
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
yes it is radio ethiopia

but i drew it off the back of the record, i don't speak amharic.

you drew that? nice! I thought it was an icon taken from somwhere..

it would take a shitload more then speaking, I knew that said radio ethiopia cuz it was sort of obvious, but I set out to actually read it anyways, and remember that was written in the Ethiopian fidel [alphabet, script] not the latin characters, so to read the actual Ge'ez/Amharic script is much much more difficult. Ethiopians here in the US never cease to amaze me at their linguistic abilities, being able to read fluently two different scripts, and be absolutely poetic in both languages in all regards of speaking. intelligent bastards makes deprived Americans like myself look silly. The african school children I am hoping to teach on average speak four or five languages, and would think we were quite uncivilized to only know one or two..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|