View Single Post
Old 05.27.2010, 10:51 PM   #43
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Um, I had a gift certificate to a major book store, after 2hrs of wandering about the Art and History sections, I was a) stumped and b) out of time, so on the way out something made me stop at Philosophy. The Russell book seemed interesting, so I looked him up in the Philosophy distionary, and I just said "fuck it" and bought both.
A History of Western Philosophy is a decent enough introduction to names but I strongly suggest that you don't uncritically adopt Russell's opinions. I'm not sure if it's in the foreword or somewhere else but he openly admits his bias in writing the book. For instance, his section on Nietzsche is rather rubbish and he omits Kierkegaard. In short, it's representative but not definitive.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|