View Single Post
Old 01.04.2017, 11:12 PM   #48425
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I would say Let it Bleed but it has hat hoedown version of Honky Tonk Women that I skip. not hatin on hoedowns but y'know. it's not THE Honky Tonk version with the killer groove and that riff.

funny, Sev, you mention Satanic as part of the classic period. fun to hear them attempt something like that whle still being the Stones. usually people start with Jumpin Jack Flash or Beggar's to describe that era. to each their own I gues.

Yeah I know it's not considered part of their classic run by most Stones purists (or pop culture in general) but fuck it, I love that record. Some great tunes on that one, and I think it's where they kicked things up. An obviously snarky nod to the Beatles, in whose shadow the band lived for so long. It's part of the Stones taking ownership of their identity and legacy.

Plus, "Citadel" is incredible and "She's a Rainbow" is perfect. It was an influential record in its own right. The outsider's Sgt. Pepper, or whatever. Inspiring tons of great bands from the Flaming Lips to the Brian Jonestown Massacre.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|