View Single Post
Old 08.29.2015, 07:44 AM   #36630
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Ha ha, are you kidding?! Good God, no, man--how boring. I think I am "dressed," however, which is more than I can say for 90 percent of the population these days, unless you count pajamas, sweat pants, and Steelers sweatshirts as "dressed."

And since you ask, I feel compelled to give you a fuller answer. I am not well-dressed, at least, as an objective or as my normal mode of operating. I do feel, however, that I have style. There is a big difference between well-dressed and having style, and while one can do both, I tend to WANT the latter over the former. Here's why: Style requires versatility, consistency, and appreciation, and it can be challenging. It often pushes the boundaries of what we consider classic and timeless dressing, even the boundaries of being "well dressed," as you so simply put it. This is also what separates style from fashion. Fashion can be confrontational for the sake of it, fashion can push boundaries that do not need to be pushed, and it can be both fully fantastic and brutishly awful. I don't like fashion. I do like style, which, in my case, is based mainly in American "trad" or early Ivy League and some prep.

SO... well dressed. Nah. That doesn't matter to me much. The well-dressed man is often in the same attire, day in and day out, safely wearing the conventional and the inoffensive. I am not that man. Some of my outfits are "safer" and more conventional than others. Some are complete failures, because I take risks, and yes, I am the first to admit it, I don't always know what the hell I'm doing. But therein lies all the fun. I wonder how much fun the "well-dressed" man has?