View Single Post
Old 03.24.2012, 01:32 PM   #15508
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
no but I'd love to. I also think the movie "Ed Wood" is one of tim burtons best films... especially if you watch a few of woods' classics beforehand to refresh your memory. That's cool that you liked Funhouse too! I personally enjoyed it more than Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Even to this day TCM has this agonizing and disturbing quality to it. I'd say it's worth watching if only for the scene where the victim is tied to a chair and Leatherface serves dinner dressed as a woman. It is a very flawed movie as well, in my opinion. I think the pacing was a bit off. But then again I feel the same way about many "classic" slashers like friday the 13th and halloween. Maybe it isn't really my thing.

I have to admit that I think TCM is a real masterpiece, but it does seem to divide a lot of people. I love how Funhouse starts out almost as a kind of comedy before descending into something that's almost as disturbing as TCM. The bit where the girl is pleading with the monster really reminds me of the bit you describe around the dinner table in TCM.

If you're a Wood fan, you really must try and track down the Rudolph Grey book. It goes way beyond the usual stuff about his angora sweaters to go into loads about his whole circle, much of which was even more interesting and eccentric than Wood himself. The bits on Criswell are particularly amazing and, in their way, quite inspiring.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|