View Single Post
Old 02.28.2007, 01:10 PM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
One solution could be for the audience at MBV gigs to get together at the end and shout: "It sounded brilliant to us, Kevin!" Or else the Valentines could well retreat even further from the depredations of the outside world into the depths of the studio, where days blur into weeks and weeks blur into months and months blur...

"You get a good feeling of what it must be like to be in prison," says Kevin dryly about life. "The vast majority of evenings we spent in bed, while we were making the album. Starting work at midnight. Going to bed in the morning. Not really waking up till ten at night. And when you do that for months...and months...a year...years...You get pretty disoriented."

Do you sleep through world events?

"No you don't," he says firmly. "You see all the world events before everyone else does cos you watch the morning news on TVAM. And you see everything three or four times. We got bombarded by the Gulf War. The only thing that didn't seem to fit in was the outside world. Serious world events were the only time gauge we had for what was going on."

Most people's lives revolve around the early evening phone call as friends ring each other to check what everyone's doing that night. My Bloody Valentine were just off to bed around then.