View Single Post
Old 01.13.2014, 07:10 PM   #17688
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh i found the link to the names. not all of them were in that disc:

Bruce Baillie, Here I Am (1962)
Wallace Berman, Aleph (1956–66?)
Stan Brakhage, The Riddle of Lumen (1972)
Robert Breer, Eyewash (1959)
Shirley Clarke, Bridges-Go-Round (1958)
Joseph Cornell, By Night with Torch and Spear (1940s?)
Storm De Hirsch, Peyote Queen (1965)
Hollis Frampton, (nostalgia) (1971)
Larry Gottheim, Fog Line (1970)
Ken Jacobs, Little Stabs at Happiness (1959–63)
Lawrence Jordan, Hamfat Asar (1965)
George Kuchar, I, An Actress (1977)
Owen Land, New Improved Institutional Quality: In the Environment of Liquids and Nasals a Parasitic Vowel Sometimes Develops (1976)
Standish Lawder, Necrology (1969–70)
Saul Levine, Note to Pati (1969)
Christopher Maclaine, The End (1953)
Jonas Mekas, Notes on the Circus (1966)
Marie Menken, Go! Go! Go! (1962-64)
Robert Nelson & William T. Wiley, The Off-Handed Jape...& How to Pull It Off (1967)
Pat O'Neill, 7362 (1967)
Ron Rice, Chumlum (1964)
Paul Sharits, Bad Burns (1982)
Jane Conger Belson Shimane, Odds & Ends (1959)
Harry Smith, Film No. 3: Interwoven (1947–49)
Chick Strand, Fake Fruit Factory (1986)
Andy Warhol, Mario Banana (No. 1) (1964)

---

now i remember that fruit factory which is another "documentary" was there too. i mean is just a camera on some people making fake fruits with some sort of clay. maybe he thought because they were mexican they were instantly interesting. i mean it was just workers doing their work. fucking edison did that in 1895 and he didn't exoticize brown people.

uncle lobster's notes on the circus was another thing: a circus. in fast forward. with a soundtrack.

uncle lobster is no jack smith.

also, no su friedrich? fuckem.

oh, btw, i realize there was a film by joseph cornell there and yes there was one thing that looked pretty good (probably his) but at that point i was tired of dancing colors.

there was also some footage of upside down factory workers with a track by john zorn and while i enjoyed the zorn music i went to wash dishes.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|