View Single Post
Old 07.24.2006, 01:32 AM   #48
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
"Fontana spontana..Universal is part of the labels associated. Don't believe me? check out the the new BYOP album...right on the back : "Ecstatic Peace/Universal"

that may be old information/news. currently, they are distributed by FONTANA, not Universal. whether or not Fontana is owned by Universal remains a question.

http://www.ecstaticpeace.com/distributors.php
straight off the ECSTATIC PEACE website. hope this clears things up for you!

"and yes I do think SY and Ecstatic Peace could afford the cost of touring. Stereolab is doing it with Too Pure and the show I saw them at last year was sold out. Sonic Youth is playing that same club next month. Interesting isn't it?"

no, they couldn't. stereolab does not have the kind of touring equipment & amps that SY tour with. also, SY tour with their families. like comparing a matchbox car to a real car. Stereolab will never sell 200K records, but SY do. I'm guessing that you're in the UK and it would not surprise me to see Stereolab bring in the same amount of people to a club that SY can in the UK or Europe. but Stereolab cannot draw in as many people as SY can in Los Angeles or NY. different areas, different fanbase. did you not know this happens? i thought stereolab had broken up, last album i bought was cobra phases...people still listen to stereolab?(yawn)

"Again, I ask what could Sub Pop and Matador do that Ecstatic Peace with distribution by Universal or this Fontana couldn't do...Are you avoiding the question?"

money to promote, money to tour with, money...money...money. i think you're smart enough to understand that ECSTATIC PEACE does not have the money that Geffen does to promote the music and finance the tour.

"nope..JSBE are no longer on Matador and haven't been for at least a couple years. haha. I'm not sure about you, but if I had a falling out with previous business relationship, I don't think I would return. Sounds logical right? Hey more power to Matador but you're insane and naive to think Sonic Youth would sign with them."

matador does well with INTERPOL, who probably will bring in more audience and can finance their tours, so matador should be fine. still stuck in 85? you don't know shit about gerard and you don't know why they were even on homestead in the first place. what was the "falling out" that SY had with gerard that you claim???

"Quite frankly, I could care less if Sonic Youth stays on Geffen. I don't know what kind of partnership they have with that label nor do I care. I'm just saying if I was David Geffen it would be hard to let go of a band with such a consistent and dedicated fan base. The point is this: can Sonic Youth be able to continue with the same moderate success they have on their own with Ecstatic Peace...and the answer is without a doubt, yes"

answer is no. you'd have to be stupid or naive to think SY can run Ecstatic Peace, press their own records, promote their own records, and finance their own tours. that's about as stupid as one gets. but hey, you're young and you don't know any better, but when you move out of your parents house, i'm sure you'll understand that it takes money to make money.

"Do you think only 1/3 of the people on here know who Stereolab is. I would bet more."

my dad knows who sy are, but he has no idea who stereolab are. you're asking SY fans on a board, which 99.9% who have heard of stereolab.

do you think 99.9% of the people who have heard of SY know who Stereolab are? of course not. there probably were alot of Pearl Jam fans who had not heard of SY before, or Neil Young fans who never heard of SY fans until they saw them with Neil Young, but i guarantee you that 1/2 those fans had never heard of Stereolab.

You are one strange kid, "original"[/quote]

that's nice.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|