View Single Post
Old 07.23.2006, 11:50 PM   #46
Jesus
empty page

Jesus has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
2. FONTANA DISTRIBUTION, not Universal, is distributing Ecstatic Peace.
Nice detective work "original"
Fontana spontana..Universal is part of the labels associated. Don't believe me? check out the the new BYOP album...right on the back : "Ecstatic Peace/Universal"

Quote:
3. they didn't press that many syrs out. if you saw it in a major record store in los angeles, that doesn't mean you can find it in jackson, mississippi. also, how would they tour? do you think SY have enough money to pay for techs, huge trucks, airfare to tour through Ecstatic Peace??? think again.

That doesn't mean I would necessarily find "Rather Ripped" in Jackson Mississippi either...so, what's your point?
and yes I do think SY and Ecstatic Peace could afford the cost of touring. Stereolab is doing it with Too Pure and the show I saw them at last year was sold out. Sonic Youth is playing that same club next month. Interesting isn't it?

Quote:
4. Sub Pop sell alot of pretty popular acts, same with Matador. i might be willing to bet that even INTERPOL can draw in just as many people than SY right now because they're so popular.

Again, I ask what could Sub Pop and Matador do that Ecstatic Peace with distribution by Universal or this Fontana couldn't do...Are you avoiding the question?
and yes "original" I think many of us are aware that Interpol are popular

Quote:
5. Dino released their first and SY released BMR...babe, this was 85 & 86. both are older and wiser. matador is a much complete record label these days. comparing gerard's business from 1986 to 2006 it absolutely retarded. (nice namedrop btw) if they can manage INTERPOL, i'm quite sure they can do fine with SY. JSBE is still on matador and from my understanding, sy don't have any kind of falling out with gerard. i think matador speaks for itself. they have some very fine bands and have run the label pretty well, being able to distribute their acts and promote them pretty well(just look at JSBE).

nope..JSBE are no longer on Matador and haven't been for at least a couple years. haha. I'm not sure about you, but if I had a falling out with previous business relationship, I don't think I would return. Sounds logical right? Hey more power to Matador but you're insane and naive to think Sonic Youth would sign with them.
Quote:
6. if geffen was happy and content w/ sy, they would've renewed their deal with SY before or during SONIC NURSE in order to keep from getting in a bidding war with SY. by allowing sy to finish out their contract, it says one of two things: 1. they don't want to renew because sy probably aren't making alot of money for them and/or 2. they're not sure sy can sell. regardless, geffen letting sy finish out their contract without a proposal for a renewed contract shows geffen's faith(or lack thereof) in sy to make money for them.

Quite frankly, I could care less if Sonic Youth stays on Geffen. I don't know what kind of partnership they have with that label nor do I care. I'm just saying if I was David Geffen it would be hard to let go of a band with such a consistent and dedicated fan base. The point is this: can Sonic Youth be able to continue with the same moderate success they have on their own with Ecstatic Peace...and the answer is without a doubt, yes

Quote:
7. stereolab is still a tiny band in comparison to SY. everyone knows sy, about a third of the people who know or heard of sy know of stereolab.

That's debatable
You seem quite confident with that assumption.
Do you think only 1/3 of the people on here know who Stereolab is. I would bet more.

You are one strange kid, "original"
Jesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|