Thread: Wolf Eyes
View Single Post
Old 04.04.2013, 07:15 PM   #9
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
You saw them in 04 with SY and JOMF, eh? And you weren't into it? I can't say that I was at the Portland show that summer, but if you followed the tour around at all in that general part of the country, we may have bumped shoulders a few times.

I went for Sonic Youth of course. JOMF was just an added bonus, as they're a long time favorite of mine. I had a few Wolf Eyes EPs and one or two albums, if that. I was not really a fan, but I enjoyed them from time to time and was really into Black Dice. Combined with my obsessive compulsive record collecting, this made me a fan once removed, at best. But when they opened for Sonic Youth, which was my second or third time seeing them, something clicked and I found myself digging the ungodly noise and gong banging absurdity if their set.

Maybe it was the singing into taped together mics, the aforementioned gobg, and the fact that the whole set was played on about 2.5 instruments crudely fashioned instruments at ear bleeding levels that won me over. or the fact that they did it all with completely straight faces. Whatever. I completely lost track of them and stopped paying attention for some reason.

Glad to know they're still out there. I will give this a listen.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|