View Single Post
Old 01.08.2010, 12:20 PM   #74
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
goddamn people here just jump to conclusions.

personally, I do not enjoy electronic music anywhere near as much as I enjoy analog music. I prefer a stick hitting a drum head over a synthesized, always exactly the same, drum machine "beat."
I prefer the errors, the slight alterations that a proper drummer can give as opposed to a drum machine. The subtlety is what makes for excelent repeated listens. this applies to all instruments.

I find electronic house/techno/dance music too much of a "background" music , and I hate background music.
I listen to music to get amped up, to feel that rush, the hairs crawling on the back of my neck as the guitars and drums and trumpets and piano and whatever strike just that perfect cacophony. It is what I live for in music. I do not find that in electronic beats or dance music.

same way lots of peple cannot stand the chugga chugga of a heavy guitar riff. that is their personal feelings. I cannot relate to it, but I understand it. Sonic Youth is not for everyone, and neither is electronic dance music.

but you do know not all electronic music is dance music, right?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|