View Single Post
Old 04.08.2006, 10:20 PM   #78
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
i don't think any of sy's covers have appeared to have taken hours and hours of prep and work. in fact this one may actually have been one that took longer than most since it appears to be a real canvas or board.
anyway, choose your complaints wisely. when have sonic youth set some kind of standard for meticulous cover art?
murray street is a photo with writing on it. evol is a photo with writing on it. bad moon rising is a photo with writing on it. 1000 leaves is a photo with writing on it. goo is comissioned artwork, nurse is comissioned artwork. washing machine is a picture of two people wearing sonic youth t-shirts fer god's sake

they're all memorable, different, and often pretty subtle or basic. so i just don't buy the sentiment that this is somehow subpar.

what is your point, that the art work didn't take any time to produce? (daydream nation's photo realist cover art contradicts that) or that SY are fairly indifferent to how the covers of the records look? (the fact that they select work by real artists, and not just whatever graphics the label suggests, i would say conflicts with that point)
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|