View Single Post
Old 12.27.2006, 01:19 AM   #1093
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Man, I didn`t have the chance to buy the Sonic Youth self-titled record before. Sometimes SY stuff is not easy to find in my town, Theyīre not popular here. I only know other three people who are Sonic Youth fans... So i jumped over the bin when i saw it, as for (a) Senile Animal i wasnīt conscious enough about the fact that there was a new Melvins album other than the great Houdini live record, i read about it in this mighty board just yesterday, i think, and i told myself i had to buy it or die. Itīs a monster of a record, i must say. Amazing Melvins heaviness!...

The "Parabola" DVD includes the video for the song, a weird remix done by Lustmord (kinda boring, i must say), and there`s this Jello Biafra comment on the band and video, but it sounds so confusing i didn`t understand his fucking babble. Other than that, the video is killer visuals done Tool style and the artwork in the CD and packaging is really nice.

Iīve always been a Skinny Puppy fan, a lot of my friends have tell me over the years that this bands fucking deserves to die and be totally forgotten... I donīt care. They make me rock really hard. Sadly, I didnīt finish watching the thing because my parents heard the noise and found it disgusting.

I know what ya' mean about how hard it is to find certain SY albums in certain small towns. I had the same problem in not being able to find that record for a long time, than suddenly as if a beaken of light, I saw the SY EP vinyl in my local record store & bought it right there & then.

I have heard the Lustmord track on the Parabola DVD & I agree w/ yr sentiment of it's boredom, however I would love to hear the Jello Biafra babbeling about the band.

Again, props on yr recent pick-ups.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|