View Single Post
Old 06.13.2013, 06:45 AM   #379
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
i haven't been able to stop listening to 808s & Heartbreak lately. an underrated masterpiece.

Underrated by some, maybe. I think it's the most ballsy and ambitious hip hop record ever. The fact that he pulled it off, with hit singles and Grammys to boot, tells me that while it may be underrated when compared to MBDTF, it's a classic when evaluated on its own merit by anyone with eardrums.

"Amazing" is a revelatory song. Genius in ways people don't even understand yet. Like I said, it's the album that first made me open my ears to Kanye, who Id previously thought to be a slightly less impotent Common.

(Sorry, but Common bores the shit out of me. Though to be fair, it may be because I haven't bothered listening to him in ages. Be was just way too common - hey, a pun! - for me. Yeah, Tupac's a bit much, but I still vote skill > comfort any day of the week)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|