View Single Post
Old 02.07.2012, 06:06 PM   #18
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I got Far Side Virtual yesterday, and its completely, utterly confusing. For one its a clear Vinyl LP with production values that suggest it would be better suited to a CD, and it has an Iphone on the front cover.

He kinda sounds like a jingle writer who's been asked to produce a series of tracks to soundtrack a corporate video, with the remit that he needs to appeal to as many different people on a very low level as possible (a sitar sound pops up here, a vagguely new age bit there), but has instead ended up getting sick of it and peppering it with his own weird indulgences.

I could probably write about this all day. This album is definitely taking the piss on one, or maybe several levels, and i love it.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|