View Single Post
Old 07.18.2010, 07:39 AM   #5
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
there is a guy in my class who can draw very well, but his pieces are very kitsch and ugly: basically he just draws girls and monsters in photoshop and gives it a lengthy explanation (we tried to avoid him discussing his work at the beginning of class because he'd rant on for ages). one day a teacher got sick of it and silenced him with: 'you have great skills but no taste at all'

i've had some stupid teachers too. one teacher saying: "i don't like the hands on this, you should change it" one week, and saying "see? those hands are so much better already" the next week, even though i had completely forgotten to change anything about them.

a girl who would only draw fantasy stuff n graphite did an assignment on sketching: make a series that represent your environment. she made a series of pencil drawing of 'me to you-teddies':

a graphic design class had an assignment to create a vest for a ken-doll.
second year graphic design. a vest for a ken doll.

someone tried to get his master's degree by living in a shed for a year, scribbling all over sketchbooks, throwing it in a shopping trolley and cutting off his mustache.

and so on and so on!

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|