View Single Post
Old 03.06.2009, 01:52 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
havnt done this in a longtime.

my tastes have been ridiculously diverse today. The main thing I suppose would be all the new lo fi rock n roll and punk wieder psych bands, the blank dogs/siltbreeze canon. Some particular bands that I have just gotten into are the Ooga Boogas, the Country teasers Human Eye (you must listen to this band the cooles heavy psych shit ive heard since comets on fire first came out, allthough its much much darker, and its remarkably rock and not improv based), Black Time (if i had known about them earlier "Double Negative" would have surely been in my top five records of last year, sort of inbetween Brainbombs and straight punk), Pink Noise, A-Frames, FNU Ronnies, Endless Boogie, and Teenage Panzkerdrops. I also like the new Black Lips lp, I know lots of people think they are a lame hipster band, but hipster or not, I don't see anything bad about five drunk dudes struming on guitars and singing like shitfaced sailors in unison while creating these fun and wild extremly soulful garage songs. Its not nearly as good as "Los Valientes del Mundo", but itll do. They are a band people are surprised that I'm so into.

Becuase of all this i have pulled out all my older grarage stuff that influenced the new shit. I have recently gotten into the Clean's compilation that came out last year and I fucking love it. The Saints have defintely gotten a place back in my list of favorite bands, and Australian Punk in general i think is just some of the most exciting and pure music ever. The Gories, the Gun Club, the Kinks, Teegenerate, Cheater Slicks, the Controllers, Inhalants, and many many more.

At the same time though, I seem to be mixing it up with all sorts of the wierdest noise and psych bands I can find. Slicing Grandpa, Kuupuu, the Julie Mittens, id m theft able, Israeli Intelligence, Oaxacan, etc...

I'm getting overwhlemed by this huge influx of amazing new music. It almost seems that I hear more bands thatr I dig than I don't. This lo-fi noisy rock music though is just totally my thing.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|