View Single Post
Old 03.06.2009, 03:58 AM   #1
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
So I played a lot of sports in high school. I wasn't a star athlete in any sport (although I should have been in soccer, but due to small town politics, the varsity coach refused to give me game time, so I decided as a senior to just play on the JV team as the captain...which we ended up being more successful than the varsity team). Somehow or another, I ended up getting a varsity jacket. I pole-vaulted and went to regionals. I was on a doubles team that almost won district finals.

I'm not a meat-head/jock kind of person at all. At my school, the jocks all played either football, baseball or wrestled. the rest of the sports programs were for the "weirdos." Funny part about it is, the "weirdo" sports programs (swimming, track, tennis, soccer, hell even cheerleading) were by far the most successful teams in the school while i was in high school. So I do take some level of pride in my letterman jacket.

But I look at the mother fucker almost everyday in my closet and think "why the fuck do I even have this thing?" Is it just supposed to be something I show the kids I dont ever want to have? Or something I can wear to reunions? Its a comfortable and warm jacket. In fact, I love wearing it until I look in the mirror and realize that wearing it somewhere will either result in me getting carded everywhere for drinks or cigs, getting my ass beat for wearing a jacket of a school that nobody in south florida has even heard of, or attracting high school girls (which is almost always illegal to pursue and a bad idea, even if they are legal)

So what the fuck am I supposed to do with it? The "be true to your school" beach boys song came to mind, and I can kind of see some value in wearing a school jacket of a small ass school that nobody has ever heard of to some of my community college classes.

or should i just let it to continue collecting dust and taking up valuable closet space. Or should i hawk it for money to buy the new superdrag album (comes out on the 17th), and some pot?

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|