View Single Post
Old 07.29.2012, 02:01 PM   #16079
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
oh and I admire Ghostchase's posts about Kitano. I wish I'd seen more of his films myself, I've only seen Dolls, Kikujiro (my favorite), and Fireworks. I've been meaning to check out A Scene at the Sea, Sonatine, and just about anything else he's done. I wouldn't refer to him as my personal favorite from what I've seen, but it is admittedly brilliant, all three of those that I mentioned.

Thanks! Kitano is such an amazing man. Sonatine is a perfect film, I like it just a little bit better than Hana-Bi (Fireworks). I haven't seen A Scene at the Sea but its on my watch list! I'd like recommend his most challenging, unique and strange endeavour in film, Takeshis. The story is wild trip into Kitano's mind of delusions and abstract dreams. Stars Kitano as himself and as Akihiro Miwa and blonde lookalike trying to make his way in the film industry. People in this world are are extremely downtrodden on this lookalike, and finally he's had his fill, violence, death, and lots of laughter ensues.

Recently been on a French film trip...

Amélie.
I know its nothing new or original to absolutely love this film. But I fucking love this film. Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Audery Tautou own my heart. Bought it on Blu-Ray for $5.99. *hugs*

Breathless
Somebody watched this film recently on here I think, well... Jean Seberg looks just jumped out at me, she was way ahead of her time, a look many talented actors and actresses in the 60's had, a certain charisma and fashion that just make the individual pop out from the picture and people around them. People like, Marcello Mastroianni in Fellini's 8˝, and Monica Vitti in the Antonioni's films, these people were ahead of there time in the scope of being sexy and cool. Its a shame and disgusting to think that a wonderful woman like Jean Seberg was a target of FBI lies and illegal activities all stemming from her activities and support for the NAACP and various other civil rights groups, that probably lead to 'apparent' suicide. Fuck them.

La Haine
The end... with the closing scene I was like "Yep. This film is amazing". A great snapshot of slice of life in the everyday French ghetto circa the early 90's. Adventure through the streets of France of how to put a loaded .44 magnum to good use. Also awesome use of Beastie Boys tracks will always go a long ways in my books! Directed by Mathieu Kassovitz, who plays Amélie's long lost love! Just made that connection! I love finding links between great material... film, music, and art.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|