View Single Post
Old 02.03.2019, 05:54 AM   #292
GravitySlips
children of satan

GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
AURORA is the Ben Frost album to listen to.

I’ve been given shit here before about it by cooler-than-thou pissants who don’t know shit. It’s a great, caustic, calamitous, noisy polar vortex of an album that just fucking sucks you right in. It’s the best thing he’s done, and one of the few things about 2014 that didn’t suck.

Definitely a similarity or two to be found between AURORA and the Hecker records you mentioned, though YMMV.

Hopefully that’s not the one that didn’t do it for you.

Thanks, that's not the Frost album I'd heard - looking back I think it was Solaris. Didn't have that noisy, hazy sound of the Hecker records, which is maybe to be expected as it's more of a "conceptual" album I guess. It was pleasant enough but wasn't really what I was after...

AURORA sounds more promising, thanks!! I'll throw it on today.
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|