View Single Post
Old 08.11.2009, 02:32 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
All labels beyond just plain "rock" are pointless to me these days. We've come so far in the evolution of loud guitar music that pretty much every band worth its salt IMO has a bit of punk, a dash of metal, maybe some 90s alternative, and a twinge of classic pop in their overall sound nowdays.

I guess I'd make a lousy anarcho/crusty/gutter punk since, much as I believe in the power of that kind of music (I don't know that I'd be a musician if not for punk), I just don't think I could swear alligence to one sound as a musician...

true. its not so much swearing allegiance to one kind of sound, as much as being about the cause. to be an anarcho punk is to be absolutely anti-establishment. gutter punks pan handle because work is for jerks. every job you can get in the US is exploitative, fucking with either you, other employees, people in general etc etc. its the walmart effect combined with the military-industrial complex. thats why Rastafari people move in the bush up in the hills to grow they own food and raise they family against the system, not in any way participating. thats how I came to be a rasta, out of the gutter punk scene.

I-man enjoy chaos for the sound, not just the politics. it is my favorite sound of loud, guitar oriented music. I mean sonic youth or nirvana or tool are really good, original, innovative bands to me, but they don't exactly touch the core of my angst for as does the sound of chaos/anarcho bands.

music gives you a language to describe feelings and emotions that are otherwise unarticulated. chaos punk is the edge and fierceness which gives a language to that absolute angst at getting arrested for no reason or watching US planes blow some shit up wearing your flag doing it suppossedly for you.. chaos punk says, 'fuck you' and means it, where as other guitar bands sound does not carry this same weight of anger. I mean even some death metal or hardcore band which is louder or faster does not quite capture the same angst. If your not pissed off, you won't get it, and I think my thread history here well establishes how pissed off at the system I am.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|