View Single Post
Old 02.16.2010, 04:33 PM   #82
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I can understand people referring to American cultures like New English or Southern culture. "American" culture across the nation is mostly vapid beyond consumerism. It's a matter of fact that there are communities of extra-American cultures that are far stronger than more abstract notions of culture found in generations-removed whites.

Anyway, I don't like giving injunctives as to who or what cultures people identify themselves. I know most want to protect cultures from big bad homogeny while others want to abandon culture all together and be pure individuals, or something. Honestly, one of the few things I love about the United States is this cultural ambiguity. I can identify with my heritage from Ireland and Germany, which isn't so far back as one might assume, but in a sense there's still that "cultural frontier" aspect within the United States. In other words, I can have my place in history but without being strangled by it. It's entirely up to my whim to see myself in history in its many aspects, as it should be.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|