View Single Post
Old 03.11.2007, 11:06 PM   #116
Kylerobert
bad moon rising

Kylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's asses
The main problem with the Korn unplugged was that their songs aren't meant to be acoustic whatsoever. Jon Davis should have held back on the vocal rasp. The voice didn't carry well over a gentler sound. I thought that the last song was well done though.
I think the Nirvana unplugged is so highly praised because Nirvana songs are known to be generally loud and the way he sang was raspy as well. But the difference is that they picked songs for unplugged that would work instead of just playing all their hits like Korn did. And Cobain recognized what he needed to change in his vocals.
I feel like if Korn was Nirvana, they would have played songs like Smells like Teen Spirit and In Bloom..just because they were the loud and rocking hits.
Korn doesn't have many songs that would work acoustically.
Kylerobert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|