View Single Post
Old 11.22.2015, 10:15 AM   #67
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Are people angry in Paris? Has there been an increased interest in anti-immigrant, neo-nazi movements? Or is it just sadness and quiet reflection?

From what I can tell, a loud segment of the US population can't process events very well. Now and then a political opinion comes along that is so heartless, so unbelievably "How do you manage to feed yourself?" stupid, that I just want to puke and cry. Republican governors trying to prevent Syrian refugees is a good example.

^agreed. Agreed all over. 100%. The sickest thing is that, for whatever reason stupid republican (X) says indescribably stupid thing, there's always a host of constituents who just bob their heads and agree!!! This is not just about ignorant and/or downright evil politicians, it's also about blind, deaf and exponentially dumb American voters. Significant portions of the electorate, who agree with whatever dumbass thing their favorite hatemongering public official says.

About Paris: I'm not ready to talk about this yet. I work in a newsroom these days, so it's a major part of my professional life. I'm not ready willing or eager to bring that shit into my personal life.

One thing I do know: The French have a history of not putting up with bullshit. Of not allowing themselves to be bullied by any governmental force. Of thinking freely in a genuine way, as opposed to Americans. If anyone is going to respond appropriately, I trust the French to do so. And for the record I'm talking about the civilians, not the military.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|