View Single Post
Old 04.11.2019, 10:23 PM   #23
SonicSleuth
little trouble girl

SonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Not really ironic, no.

Well... kinda. It’s kinda ironic that the song called ironic that strives to give examples of irony doesn’t give any. But I think another word is better: dumb.

It’s dumb that she fails to name an instance of actual irony.

(Though 10,000 spoons when you need a knife is kind of ironic... *thinkyface*)

If on any other day there's an abundance of knives and no spoons, except for that one particular day when I need a knife and there are none but only 10,000 spoons. That is, the reality is different from or the opposite of what is reasonably expected (not hoped for or needed).

Agree, dumb... unless it was her intent all along to name a song "Ironic" with lyrics that purport to exemplify irony and yet fall just short of it.

Perhaps it's ironic that I've put so much thought into something that I claim to be inconsequential.

The Eternal, not a favorite, but it has grown on me as a later-stage SY.
SonicSleuth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|