View Single Post
Old 09.08.2008, 07:34 AM   #3300
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander

As for the album proper, yeah, it seems excellent. I've yet to listen to it enough to judge whether it ranks higher than Cryptograms, but I feel it may well in the end. It just has a really wonderful vibe to it. I've played it through 3 whole times in less than 24 hours, which is a lot when you consider it's competing with the Ayler set (which, incidentally, is, aesthetically at least, possibly the most beautiful musical item I've owned. The music obviously needs no talking up)

I'd rank them almost equally. Though they are very different beasts. But they both hit me the same way which was FIRST LISTEN: eh, it's okay.. wht's all the hype for? think I'll listen again. SECOND LISTEN: yeah. it's good. not great. I want to hear it again. THIRD LISTEN: I can't stop listening to this.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|