View Single Post
Old 02.17.2020, 06:29 PM   #109
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Yep, and how do you change that? By mobilising a broad coalition of people who aren't typically involved in the political system or need help in moving out of their "nothing will get better" mindset. As a Scottish person, cynicism is our worst enemy. A lot of the US has this same problem, but this ties in with fighting poverty and "diseases of despair" as I've talked about before.

Also Trump winning again will give the Tory government much more time to sell off parts of the NHS to Trump. Bernie will reject it. The whole world has a stake in this dumbass continuing to be president and I believe Bernie is the only way to defeat him, so I will strongly advocate for anyone to vote for him.
i don’t think it’s likely that bernie will mobilize a broad coalition to flip the senate. if anything, he’ll get his loyalist plus some vote blue no matter who folks like me, but lose the middle, the independents, and republicans who are unhappy with loco trump.

im not saying it’s not possible. im saying—maybe it’s possible he could mobilize the sleepers. maybe, don’t know how many there are. i’ve never seen them.

but it’s also possible that he could lose in a major debacle. the potential downside is significant.

a moderate candidate could also win, get the independents, get the discontent republicans, and get a true broad base.

a moderate could also lose, but the chances of a major debacle with them are lower. even someone as unispiring as hillary lost by just a few key districts.

the real battle is the battle for the senate. the contests for the senate are not among “the poor” but among suburban voters.

suburban districts poll to the middle.

it’s taken 10 years for voters to get to like obamacare, and building on it seems much more doable than trying to overthrow the whole system. even if the overthrow *is not actually possible*, it’s bound to scare moderates and independents into holding their noses and voting for trump OR voting cross-ticket and elect the man but deny the senate.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|