View Single Post
Old 02.25.2015, 02:00 PM   #1054
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
low fat is for suckas and people from the 80s. you need fat for hormones, etc. plus it regulates your blood sugar. good fats are essential nutrients.

irish butter is just butter from ireland-- no special process or anything like cultured butter (though i'm sure there's cultured butter in ireland).

the beauty of it is that the the cows are pastured-- or so they say. well, the color & taste are fantastic so i believe it.

no feedlots, no weird grains or strange diets making their way into that sweet sweet cream. higher carotenes, higher omega 3s, CLAs, etc. altogether better.

there are american pastured butters but they are rarer. other countries that make pastured are new zealand (lots of grasses in their volcanic soil) or denmark or parts of france (e.g. normandy)-- but again hard to come by/expensive/etc.

kerrygold on the other hand exports massively to the US and can be had at prole prices. i can get a packet at the food coop for $5, at TJs for $4+, at walrats for i think $3.20 and at costco for $2.75 (but at costco i have to get a 3-pack and it must be salted).

walrats is near me while the other ones require a highway expedition. so i can buy a brick a week and use it judiciously and deliciously. the flavor & quality blow other supermarket butters out of the water.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|