View Single Post
Old 09.19.2006, 03:19 PM   #460
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Yes, I forgot to mention that John Peel snippet. This was from their Peel Session, so that may be him messing around while they cut up away (er). Listening to People Like Us are probably one of my favorite pastimes. Wonderful stuff. I suggest you seek out more of their stuff. I mentioned them in the funny music thread because they can be hilarious at times, such as with this track.

Indeed, I've just done a little research on them (or her, as it turns out) and she sounds absolutely fascinating. There seems to be a fairly substantial discography though - where would you recommend that I start? (actually, the same goes for Einstürzende Neubauten, whom I know reasonably well but don't actually own anything by).

I've most probably related this before, but in Manchester, where the Hacienda nightclub used to stand is a series of inscriptions charting some musical history. At one point it sayssomething like 'Einstürzende Neubauten banned from the Hacienda after taking a pneumatic drill to a concrete pillar as part of their act', which I think is rather splendid.

The mixtape is very cool - thank you.

The only stuff I wasn't too bothered by was Gogol Bordello and the punky band with the (as I saw it) John Lydon-esque vocals. But both of those were OK too.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|