Thread: Rancid
View Single Post
Old 03.27.2006, 04:29 PM   #19
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietzer123
sweet band. love the bass lines. best punk rock bassist of all time

rancid's matt freeman's bass technic comes from franc'o, the original bassist for mdc, a san francisco-by-way-of-austin hardcore band from the early 80's. just listen to the opening of john wayne was a nazi and you'll see what i'm talking about. i too thought he was the raddest bassist in punk until i heard mdc and learned that matt freeman was mdc's bassists in the late 80's, before joining op ivy

so i call bullshit on the argument that matt freeman is the best bassist in punk. klaus floride, steve soto and chuck dukowski (to name just three) can piss circles around any of rancid's basslines
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|