View Single Post
Old 10.26.2012, 07:33 PM   #16312
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Bane sucked. Bane sucked in the comix and he sucked in the movie. stupid concept, no wit, no intelligence to match against Batman.
Batman uses genius intelligence and physical rigor to defeat insane criminals. Bane was just a stupid oaf. anyone with a gun could have killed him at any time, and ended the whole stupid thing.

I have watched it thrice now, and every time it gets more ridiculous.

Batman never retires, ever ever. He is eternal. It is bruce wayne that is the mask. Nolan is a crybaby bitch.

Bane was an admittedly weak character throughout much of his comic career, but that's a issue of execution. He was supposed to be Batmans equal, in both strength and intelligence. He was never really written that way though. I think Nolan and Tom Hardy did an excellent job of turning him into a realistic, genuinely threatening, and pretty self-contained villain. Thalia is only a "bad guy" for ten minutes. I actually think Bane is somehow more sinister than the Joker was. After all, in Nolan's world he was an agent of anarchy and unpredictability. He's not evil incarnate. He's just THE personification of violent energy and collective social psychological suppression of madness.

The joker had a lesson to teach us (at least until he realized his hypothesis about humanity was wrong, at which point he went batshit and beat Batmans ass faster than anyone ever has before)..,. He gave people a choice. Bane makes a point of giving only the illusion of choice, just so the final damage will hurt thatch more. He just wants to kill people and end lives, and he cares about nothing else (except for Thalia's hot ass which he would no doubt tap if he didn't feel a paternal affection for her).

He was far and away the highlight of the film, which surprised me.

When I saw the Dark Knight trailer, I knew I was going to love it. I didn't know I was going to love the second until after I'd already seen it. It just didn't sound like a great idea, honestly. But he'll, the second time through I was afraid I'd be bored. Instead, I held in my piss until I thought I was going to drown, and I took in every moment. I guess I can see how some might be disappointed, but I have to ask: why spend 9 hours watching a movie that you think (and, for the second and third time, know) sucks?!

The Dark Knight is clearly the best film, with its only flaw being the appearance of the guy who played Spawn as the token black gangster who luckily gets fucking killed. But I am totally happy with the trilogy and the way it ended, and I don't think I've ever felt that way about ANY film trilogy before. This is impressive because I am notoriously picky when it comes to "superhero" based films. There have only been about seven in history that are worth watching, and Nolan just flushed out the top three.

Iron Man 3 is about as exciting a prospect as sniffing a bucket that the guy from Coldplay just farted in.

I am looking forward to Skyfall, but that's a little different.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|