View Single Post
Old 04.22.2007, 09:15 AM   #34
sarramkrop

I normally don't care much for tasteless and cheap jokes, but i skipped the first post as his death really affected me when it happened. Sounds corny and too sentimental, but especially in his last days, he seemed like a seriously and disturbingly troubled person. I don't listen to Nirvana all that much anymore, because an album like 'In Utero' reminds me of a time and a place that brings back bad memories. The music remains some of the best and most intense that i've ever listened to, regardless. I'm not even criticising whoever started this thread, it's just that he's one of those people that i really feel like not joking about. We often forget what an articulate person he came accross as in interviews, how truly inspirational Nirvana were in a live setting and how downright handsome this tortured creature was. I just wish that there wouldn't have been such small talk about this tragedy (because a tragedy it is). On the rare occasions that i think about him, i get all misty eyed, so i apologize if this is such a sentimental post. On the day he died , i remember going into a church with a friend and lighting a candle, a silly gesture, but it meant a lot. Again, apologies for this post, but Nirvana turn me into a teenage boy all over again.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|