View Single Post
Old 07.17.2016, 10:57 AM   #6
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I've watched two episodes so far cause I'm trying to do one episode a day, and making it last. I tend to do that with all of Netflix's shows, and even more so for this since its only 8 episodes. I grew up in the 80's so this show is just giving me a big grin. Loving the music. Let's be careful of spoilers in here. Nobody has posted any yet, but I'm not watching it all at once and I don't want to read something spoilery about an episode I've yet to see.

Yeah, agreed on the spoilers. I was supposed to watch EP.2 with my girlfriend last night but she had to stay with her mother who just brok her leg, so I didn't get through it.

(Actually, I did put it in on without her, but only made it halfway through the episode. Sshh!)

I grew up with this stuff too. That's why I call it uncanny. It's like being transported back in time for me. I'm a few years younger than the kids in the show would be, but I was still raised on E.T. and the other films this show is clearly indebted to. The feeling is very surreal, right down to the dialogue between characters (especially the high school girls — "Oh come on, Nance." They just nailed it.

And the soundtrack is just seriously baller. At first I thought it was Com Truise, then the aforementioned Cliff Martinez (though it does lack some of his droney ominousness) ... Turns out I'm not actually familiar with the guys who composed it, but I like it. It's the best thing about the show so far.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|