View Single Post
Old 12.16.2009, 01:34 PM   #88
looking glass spectacle
100%

looking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome noise tape
零 0 ০ ०

is a separate and special entity called 'Identity element'. 0 is actually the identity element under addition for the real numbers, since if a is any real number, a + 0 = 0 + a = a. Mathematicians refers to 0 as the additive identity (or better said, the reflexive identity of addition).

is considered to be a purely imaginary number: 0 is the only complex number which is both real and purely imaginary.

...wait. i thought that derrida had shown that any given a is not necessarily self-identical and self-consistent. that is, a does not necessarily always equal a. likewise, the law of the excluded middle has been repealed - a can be simultaneously equal to and not equal to b.

i look at it as a very heraclitean assertion - say for example that a is the mississippi river. heraclitus (as i understand it) says that the mississippi river is not self-identical because tommorrow it will be different.

looking glass spectacle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|