View Single Post
Old 09.09.2006, 07:10 AM   #80
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Kids don't know how to rebel any more? I think that's cack. Not because it's untrue of this generation, but because it implies there was a generation that did rebel. Kids still don't get on with their parents. Kids still resist their parents. In terms of a 'culture' of 'rebellion', kids will always believe that their generation is resisting the older generation, which they always do. The problem is that 'rebellion' is always part of being a stupid teenager, rather than a genuine thing. For all the first generation British punks I know, not a single one held true to its 'revolutionary' ethos. All the ex-hippies I know have short hair and 4x4's. The idea that any generation ever had anything other than a fake revolution is ridiculous to me.

No offence and all that, but I think it's such a risible sentiment, 'kids don't know how to rebel any more'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|