Thread: the fiscal clif
View Single Post
Old 01.06.2013, 09:18 PM   #72
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Making sure to give credit where credit is due (from the above link). Did you email him or is this from someeone else? Either way, he responded:

You are inaccurate or at least misleading in some of your statements about the fiscal cliff compromise.

1. The increase in the defict is based on a comparison of what revenues would be if all the tax cuts had expired. If you compare it to the tax cuts as they were, revenues increase by $600 billion. You can't argue that taxes should be cut and then complain that when they are, deficits increase.

2. The increase in payroll taxes was enacted for two years in 2010 as temporary stimulus. It was extended for one year. Since the cost was paid to Social Security from the general fund it has been adding to the deficit. It was allowed to expire. It was not part of the Bush tax cuts.

3. I don't know what you are talking about with the 28% if you die. The legislation keeps the estate exemption at $5 million instead of letting it revert to the $1 million if nothing had been done. It is also indexed so that the exemption will continue to rise. The rate for estates over $5 million changes from 35% to 40%.

4. Medical insurance is not taxable until 2018 and then only the more expensive, so called cadillac plans.

5. The President froze all automatic cost of living raises for federal employees, congress and judges in 2009 by executive order. His most recent executive order granted a 0.5% increase for those groups that does not become effective until March. The fiscal cliff compromise eliminated the raise for congress.

6. There were several things that you did not mention, such as a temporary extension of the farm bill to keep milk prices from rising. It included another doc fix on medicare payments to doctors that would have taken place on Jan. 1.

Answer : We all love these democratic talking points. A lesson to all of you - what we said is inaccurate or misleading - but this is the good that we are all paying more out of our paychecks and there were NO cuts in spending. Too funny.

NOTE: the above is copy paste from the link above......

oh! i'm glad someone called him out on all his fallacies... and i think his answer was kinda lame.

it's kinda like catching a thief in the act and the thief turns around to say "oh, i love these citizens arrests. a lesson to you-- i'm committing a crime. but it's good that you're paying more attention to your security"

good one!

but hey, at least he's not faux news and he admits his error.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|