View Single Post
Old 09.09.2015, 01:19 AM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck this was hard until suddenly it came to me quite clearly..

For me, Ras Michael and the Sons of Negus Nyahbinghi...

So i picked this record up from a bredren stepping up when i was 16 just getting into reggaem i had been exposed to radical reggae like Marley and Peter Tosh so i was increasingly interested in more of this music as it seemed to reflect my world view. Then the idren drops Nyahbinghi on me.. i went to the homiez pad who had a tabletop CDR burner andcmade a copy.... dude.. this is the most powerful spiritual music i had ever heard! I was enraptured and converted. Within 6 months i was growing dreads and sitting up on the hill in the East Los with the rastafari people.

Ras Michael is my friend now, i am as mystified when i am at his house as i was when i first heard that record. Ras Michael is the person who introduced me to the Orthodox Church.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|