View Single Post
Old 01.11.2017, 07:08 PM   #46
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
people hated The New Danger and True Magic, but I seriously listened to the heck out of those albums. I mean - kind of gimmicky. TND was like his "rock" album. (Basically what Weezy did w/ Rebirth) And TM was basically just a major label mixtape. But I dare say I loved them both at the time, and at least still like them a lot. They were kind of ballsy moves at the time. Even if they weren't classics.

I bought and played both of them to death too. Honestly, I thought the New Danger was good at the time. True Magic I don't remember much, but I would not have played it if I didn't like it.

It was kind of weird though that these two albums were distributed so heavily. At the time you had to go to a well-stocked Best Buy AT LEAST to find Black Star or BOBS, but there were copies of TNG and TM at, like, Fred Meyer and shit. I thoight that was odd. Anyway, I haven't listened to either album in forever, but I doubt they deserve the bad rap they generally received.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|