View Single Post
Old 03.28.2019, 11:04 AM   #118
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
they just called me from Zurich. They really want me there.

I have to tell them final decision by next Tuesday. It will be a long weekend, and probably sleepless.
oh man, the first chapter of decisive begins with a historic and irresistible job offer to chemist and theologian joseph priestley. he was offered a lot of money to teach some rich man's kids.

he needed the money. at the same time he had his own projects.

i think he wrote to benjamin franklin for advice? i forget. but either way there is a ben franklin method (pros/cons). it's not a very good one.

so that chapter explains how priestley wrote his contract to maximize the positives and minimize risk ha ha ha. it explains the mistakes of the pro/con method and their stuff.

anyway. i can't recommend this book enough. buy it and start it tonight. it is not a very long read. can be tiresome with case studies but okay, better to have cases than speculation. all kinds of cases--jobs, business deals, cancer treatments, homeless reduction programs, etc etc.

there is an audiobook version that is very good and it's the one we originally consumed during a long business trip. listen/pause/discuss. listen/pause/discuss. etc. there are visual downloadables for this so you don't miss out.

it's been invaluable to my family, and we go back to it often whenever there's something big that needs sorting.

i'll say no more but if you can squeeze the time (you can) it's 1000x worth it. k. i gtg as well. cya.

ps- dont let short term emotion fuck you
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|