View Single Post
Old 05.05.2006, 03:05 PM   #31
logcabinrecluse
bad moon rising

logcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBlaster
I'm in the "quit whining" department.

I'm sorry you wanted tickets and didn't get them.

I'm sorry that means you won't get to see them in NYC and will have to settle for the 9:30 show.

It's not really that bad. This is similar to in 2000 when Phish played NYC, they decided to play their first two shows of the tour at RCMH with an even smaller third date to be televised on VH1 at Roseland. At this point, Phish was selling out MSG (at a staggering 20,000 + capacity) in less than 10 minutes. Tickets for Madison Square Garden shows were always a tough ticket....playing a series of small theatres...was...well staggering.

Nobody complained, and I lucked out and got tickets. And it was WELL WORTH IT. I'm so glad I got to see phish play in the small venues again. Sure these places hold more than the places sy plays even now, but Phish has infinitely more fans. If I hadn't gotten to see phish at RCMH, I would have just seen them at other dates on that tour (and I did...I saw like 10 shows that summer)...and gotten over it.

Life doesn't end because you can't see a single show (especially since SY's setlists are not very variable.).

Just my thoughts. Sorry you didn't get tickets.

I guess I would put myself in the "quit whining" department as well. On the other hand, I can definitely sympathize with being generally upset to miss a rad show. Plus I recall getting more upset about these things when I was younger, could not drive, and did not have the time or money to follow a band around for ten shows.